August 25, 2021 | Furniture Concepts
High Durability Furniture
Not Clunky Anymore!
Technology has improved furniture production methods to a point where lighter components can combine to create a high-style piece of furniture with incredible durability and function.
- Take some newer models of bariatric furniture, for example. Steel, foam and fabric can elegantly combine to make a sleek, stylish and comfortable seat that is welcoming to everyone but can be rated to withstand up to 750 pounds of weight.
- If your tastes are a little less contemporary, fully-upholstered furniture with kiln-dried solid wood frames is still a good bet.
- At the other end of the design spectrum are solid wood seating pieces with exposed wood frames and loose upholstered cushions. These are the rugged, workhorses that look and act durable.
Upholstered goods are not the only players who offer high durability.
- Dressers, chest and tables with laminate and veneered surfaces hold up well to drinks, spills and heavy use. Adhesives have improved over the last couple of decades so that now laminates and veneers are virtually warp-proof.
- Metal furniture, including dressers, night stands and other bedroom pieces, has become a popular choice for indestructibility. Stylish drawer and door fronts can make standard metal furniture look like more traditional wood furniture.
When looking to furnish your group living environment, remember that there are many, many options that will provide you with the look, durability and functionality you need.
Retail furniture providers do not offer furniture that is made to contract furniture standards so to protect your facility’s furniture investment you should always work with a contract furniture provider.